This Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is smooth, creamy and flavorful. A perfect weeknight meal, we love this.
Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
I’ve always been a little hesitant to attempt my own alfredo sauce. It’s one of those things that you hear is complicated and can go bad really quickly for no reason, right? I was digging around on Pinterest looking at different pasta sauces when I ran across a few different fettuccine alfredo recipes. I took a look at them and found several that included cream cheese in the base. I had to give it a try, but none of them looked quite right so I cobbled together bits and pieces from a few. It took me a couple of attempts to get it exactly right but eventually I found what I think is the perfect sauce!
I started with a stick of butter, melted it down in a sauce pan and threw in fresh minced garlic and italian seasonings.
I let it hang out and cook for a while so the garlic would soften up and the flavors would meld together nicely. I added the cream cheese and started whisking. It didn’t smooth out completely but when the cream cheese was softened I started pouring in the whipping cream slowly, whisking as I went. That smoothed it out so I let it heat up a bit without letting it boil then added shredded parmesan.
Once the cheese melted and the sauce was smooth, I threw in my diced chicken and broccoli spears.
I let the sauce warm up the chicken and broccoli on the lowest heat possible while I cooked the pasta. I ladled the mixture over the pasta, used some tongs to flip it around so it got a good coating. Y’all it was hard not to start slurping it up right away because it smelled amazing!
We love a good pasta recipe around here and fettuccine alfredo is one of our favorites. I loved how easy the sauce was and the taste was even better than I expected. Y’all this is a great weeknight meal that we’ll be having way more often.
- 8 Tbsp (One Stick) Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasonings
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fettuccine Noodles, Cooked
- Diced Chicken, Cooked
- Broccoli Spears
- Melt butter in saucepan then add minced garlic and italian seasonings and let cook for a few minutes until garlic softens.
- Add cream cheese and whisk into butter mixture. Pour in whipping cream slowly, whisking continually.
- Heat mixture without boiling then add parmesan cheese and stir until it melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked chicken and broccoli spears, heat through and ladle mixture over pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!